Wednesday, 9 June 2021

AEM As Cloud deployment fails with dispatcher image issue

During my initial POCs with sample WKND code, I have noticed a behavior on AEM As Cloud service.

When ever I go for the pipeline and trigger it, the deployment fails with reason - dispatcher image failed. Some analysis was done around it from the logs and was able to resolve it as below.

I was doing my code checkout on windows and while unzipping I was using a software which was breaking the symlinks within dispatcher package. I got some warning during the unzip which I did not give much attention that point of time

To debug this, first I have commented out the dispatcher section in parent pom and deployed and tested the build. It worked on cloud.



Next I used another unzip tool (I remember Winzip was the tool which helped me. 7 Zip was removing symlinks. If it doesn't work, try other way around).

This time the symlink warning did not come durng my unzip and I have redeployed the code again. It worked perfectly.

Another option to fix this, may be, we can change those symlinks to real links if you know how to do that.

As a final option, still if you are unable to find out the reason, my recommendation is to reach out to spp help of Adobe, so that they can verify whether the envirnment was setup correctly.

 

Video Tutorial on AEM Cloud Deployment 




No comments:

Post a Comment